Tessa tagged me in her Seven Things About Me post. Which means, its my turn to write one. This is the first time I’ve been “blog tagged”, and although I try not to get too personal on my blog too often, I quite like the idea.
So without further ado, here are seven things about me. I’ll keep it short and sweet.
- I bake as often as possible. You’ve probably noticed that by now? It’s mostly cupcakes, although I’ve been known to occasionally make big cakes, cookies and desserts too.
- My day job is being an engineer. Basically, I sit at my desk all day and write software that makes electronics work. While trying not to think about baking. 🙂
- I prefer the white marshmallows to the pink ones. I know, I know, the matter is still open for debate. Some people think there is no difference in taste. But I KNOW there is. Vanilla is better.
- I have read Anna Karenina. I’m not sure why I count this as one of my defining characteristics. But I have read it, and I LOVED it. Maybe War and Peace next holiday.
- My favorite city (besides Cape Town) is Istanbul. I went there with one of my closest friends two and a half years ago, and we painted the city red. It is such a magical city – the perfect “East meets West” destination. I am so keen to go back. Which brings me to my next point…
- I am grateful for my friends! Enough said. I have some amazing friends.
- I try living with eternity in mind. It’s not always easy, but I do try. Money, success, possessions, even baked goods = not eternal. People = eternal. I must remember this.
OK that’s me. Thanks for the tag Tessa. Oh wait I ‘m supposed to tag fifteen more people. I choose Kate, Theresa, Mariah, Nicky, Madre, Emma-Jane, Arian, Amber, Miss Moss, Tunet, Lanalou, Jessica, Rosie, Michness and Talisa. It’s your turn, go for it!