It is a cold and rainy Monday morning in Cape Town. Things I would like to do instead of going to work:
- get back into bed and read
- drink tea and play Settlers of Catan online
- get back into bed and watch copious amounts of House
- get out of bed at 12:00pm and make pancakes
I just used these vanilla cupcakes and iced them with caramel fudge icing. And put some fudge on top, YUM.
Caramel Fudge Icing
- 60g butter
- 6 tbs milk
- 220g brown sugar
- 240g icing sugar
- Heat the butter, milk and brown sugar in a saucepan and stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil, and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and add half of the icing sugar.
- Leave it to cool for a few minute and add the remaining icing sugar.
- Mix well.
- You can add some more milk/cream if it is too thick to ice with.
And that’s how you make fudge cupcakes. Have a great winter Monday. x