fudge cupcakes

It is a cold and rainy Monday morning in Cape Town. Things I would like to do instead of going to work:

• get back into bed and read
  • drink tea and play Settlers of Catan online
  • get back into bed and watch copious amounts of House
  • get out of bed at 12:00pm and make pancakes
Wow I am so lazy! But go to work I will. First, however, here are some pictures of the fudge cupcakes I made last week.
fudge cupcakesfudge cupcake

I just used these vanilla cupcakes and iced them with caramel fudge icing. And put some fudge on top, YUM.

Caramel Fudge Icing

Ingredients

• 60g butter
  • 6 tbs milk
  • 220g brown sugar
  • 240g icing sugar

Method

• Heat the butter, milk and brown sugar in a saucepan and stir to combine.
  • Bring to the boil, and boil for 1 minute.
  • Remove from the heat and add half of the icing sugar.
  • Leave it to cool for a few minute and add the remaining icing sugar.
  • Mix well.
  • You can add some more milk/cream if it is too thick to ice with.

fudge cupcakes

And that’s how you make fudge cupcakes. Have a great winter Monday. x

About these ads
This entry was posted in My Cupcake Recipes, Recipes and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to fudge cupcakes

1. Marina says:

Thing I would like to do rather than be at work on Monday: EAT these fudge cupcakes with my good friend Dine.

2. this sounds so so soooo delicious
    and look amazing!
    xoxo
    bB
    Please stop by and say hi

3. Casey says:

I would love to make these, now if only i knew how to convert grams..

4. Betty Bake says:

looks so delicious :)

5. Colleen says:

Stunning blog. Just discovered it. ;)

6. diné says:

Casey – you can find converters online, like this one: http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/grams-to-pounds.html. You should try it :)

Colleen – thank you! I Follow your blog too, it is wonderful. x

7. angie says:

shoo, i def want to try these!
    x

8. Maike says:

you dont have to play settlers online…. cecile and I work on flexitime :P well, i think me more than her… good form on wanting to do that instead of going to work :)

9. Pingback: Lucky Pony » Blog Archive » Fudge cupcakes. And, yes they taste just like FUDGE, in case you were wondering.

10. Veronica says:

Oh how yummy these look! I LOVE fudge, so I don’t think these last at all long in my house! Tx for the recipe – just printing it out now!

11. Lauren says:

Eeeeeek! SO trying this recipe as soon as I can get myself some ingredients… yum!

12. Pingback: Two Lovely Mentions | Bake Love Not War

13. Pingback: The Best of BLNW (so far) | Bake Love Not War

14. Wow, I love cupcakes and fudge and these look amazing!!! I can never get the icing right though =S But I can’t wait to try this

15. Deb says:

Dine I tried this recipe today – and it worked AMAZINGLY! Thanks for sharing your recipes, the ones I’ve tried have been super delicious :)

16. Clare McErlain says:

Just made these ! Absolutely gorgeous and easy to do! Highly recommended!