Most of us quite like bacon. We have it all the time – on our pizza, with scrambled eggs, or on a sandwich. But how about bacon in baked goods? In America it’s all the rage, apparently, although for most of us South Africans it still seems like an odd idea indeed.
Here are some examples salty-sweet bacon treats from across the internet, which will probably either inspire or horrify you. I am quite keen to try bacon maple cupcakes some time, I think. It should be educational if nothing else. But here are the pictures. You can click on them for their sources.
- Brown Butter, Bacon & Chocolate Chip Cookies from Tennessee Locavore
- Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes from Sugarlace
- Brown Sugar Bacon Waffles from Joy the Baker
- Nutella Coated Bacon from Bell’Alimento
- Bacon Toffee from Cherry Tea Cakes