These two items were a wedding gift from my aunt, and it was one of my favorites. The tea strainer belonged to my gran, isn’t that awesome? I love it.
Anyway, so all of this got me thinking, I haven’t shared my Earl Grey cupcake recipe with you guys yet! So here goes:
Earl Grey Cupcakes (makes 12)
- 1 cup sugar
- 115g butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 earl grey tea bags
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Heat the milk, either on the stove or in the microwave, and add the tea bags. Let it stand to brew and cool for about half an hour.
- Set aside a 12 cup tray with cupcake liners.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together for about 3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs, and mix well.
- Add half of the flour, and stir to combine.
- Then add the earl grey flavored milk.
- Add the other half of the flour and also the baking powder.
- Mix well, but don’t overbeat.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, so they are about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Then ice them with vanilla or chocolate buttercream.