Coffee and chocolate are two of my favorite things. A delicious flat white with a bar of chocolate can fix a lot of things, in my opinion. And it is almost certainly this combination that got me through my Engineering degree, I’m pretty convinced. All those late nights would have killed me otherwise 🙂
Anyway, I’ve been experimenting with mocha cupcake recipes, and I think I’ve found one that works. I used Rosetta coffee, because it’s delicious and it gets delivered to my door for free. But I guess any good coffee will do the trick. So here’s the recipe.
Cupcakes (Makes 12 cupcakes.)
- 115g butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1.5 cups flour
- 0.25 cup milk
- 0.25 cup strongly brewed coffee (preferably made with a moka pot if you have one)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Set aside a 12-cup cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs, and mix thoroughly.
- Add half the flour and combine.
- Then add the milk and coffee and combine.
- Lastly, add the rest of the flour and the baking powder.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, so that they are about three quarters full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- 150g Cadbury’s Milk Chocolate
- 125g butter
- 4 cups of icing sugar
- 5 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 flake (for decorating)
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan over very low heat.
- Cream the butter with an electric mixer, and slowly add 2 cups of icing sugar.
- Add the melted chocolate and the milk and mix until combined.
- Add the rest of the icing sugar and the cocoa powder and mix until smooth. You can also add more milk if the icing is too thick.
- Ice your cupcakes, sprinkle some flake on top.
Enjoy feasting on your coffee and chocolate delights 🙂