Summer is on it’s way! Excitement! 🙂 The days are getting longer and warmer here in Cape Town, and I am loving drinking coke instead of coffee and wearing sandals instead of boots. Yay. Summer also means that fresh strawberries are everywhere, so it seems appropriate to post my recipe for fresh strawberry cupcakes today. Here you go 🙂 x
- 1/3 cup of strawberry puree (made by putting some strawberries in your food processor)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 113g salted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 2 large egg whites (at room temperature)
- Set aside a 12-cup cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and egg whites, and mix thoroughly.
- Add half the flour and combine.
- Then add the milk and strawberry puree and combine again.
- Lastly, add the rest of the flour and the baking powder, and mix until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, so that they are about three quarters full.
- Bake for about 22 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- 1/4 cup strawberry puree
- 125g butter (at room temperature)
- 4 cups icing sugar, sifted
- Cream the butter until smooth.
- Add two cups of icing sugar and mix well.
- Add half of the puree and mix again.
- Add the last two cups of icing sugar and mix until smooth. (You can add more puree according to your preference.)
- Ice your cupcakes, and enjoy the delicious summery strawberry goodness! 🙂