Woohoo, it’s Friday!! (Rebecca Black song, get out of my head). Today I’m sharing my vanilla cupcake recipe with you, just in case you need one for Christmas. You may have seen it over at Spatula Magazine, but if you haven’t, here it is.
Vanilla Cupcakes (Makes 24, but you can halve it for 12)
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 240g butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- Heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Set out two 12-cup cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- In a nice big mixing bowl, cream the butter until it is smooth.
- Add the sugar gradually and beat until the mixture is fluffy and light in colour.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each one. Also add the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners! Each one should be about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes (or until a cake tester comes out clean).
- 250g butter
- 6 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cream the butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Slowly add three cups of icing sugar, and the milk.
- Add the rest of the icing sugar and mix thoroughly. Add more milk if the icing is too thick.
And there you have it guys. Enjoy! :)