I never really liked pink when I was a kid, I don’t think, and so it would seem that at some point in my twenties I unconsciously started making up for it. My kitchen is full of red and pink stuff, and I absolutely can’t get enough of it. I’m not sure what’s wrong with me. And when I found big packets of pink smarties on my Monday morning grocery shop, I was extremely pleased with the universe.
- 115g butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt (only if you used unsalted butter)
- 300g smarties
- Cream the butter and the sugars together until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, and mix well.
- Then add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix well again.
- Lastly mix in the smarties.
- Wrap the dough in cling film, and chill in the freezer for 1 hour (or overnight).
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Roll balls of dough and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper (NOT wax paper). Remember to leave enough space in between balls to accomodate for the cookies expanding.
- Flatten the balls slightly with your fingers and place the tray in the fridge for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are golden brown but not firm.
And there you go! Pink smartie cookies are yours to eat, or give away. Enjoy! x